At Winton, we attempt to offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, which are open to our students. Participating in these activities helps students achieve a sense of connection within our school. These activities provide students the opportunity to make friends, socialize with a variety of people, and develop a sense of pride which comes from personal accomplishments in school related activities. Student experiences with extracurricular activities serve as a balance to the goal of the full intellectual, social, emotional and physical development. Winton has after school clubs and sports for all students.
Extracurricular Activity Participation
Winton puts a high priority on scholastic achievement, positive personal attitudes and behavior. We consider it a privilege to participate in our extra-curricular activities and programs – not a right. Therefore, the following set of standards will be enforced for all students representing Winton on any athletic team and/or extracurricular activities.
- A grade point average of 2.0 in all classes during the time they are participating in an athletic and/or extracurricular activity.
- GPA is based on quarter and semester grades for students’ enrollment in six classes.
- Winton places high priority on class attendance. If a student has an absence from a class or a combination of classes on the day of an activity, that student may be subject to a coach’s / advisors’ disciplinary action.
- In addition, to grades, students must have good behavior at all times on and off campus. All behavior issues are reviewed by the Administrators and by the Athletic Director.
- Any student suspended on a given day is ineligible to participate in any extra-curricular activities on that day and may be subject to withdrawal from all future extracurricular/sports activities.